The Maude Squad knew was inspired to order this book (and Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom) after listening to Pam Grossman's Witch Wave. The season 3 finale featured Pollack as a guest, and during the course of the interview, they discussed Pollack's many accomplishments... The one that stuck out to us was Pollack's work with DC Comics! Pollack was a writer for the Doom Patrol in the 1990's, during which, she introduced one of the first trans superheroes: Coagula. What inspired Pollack to create a trans character? Pollack herself came out as trans in 1970.
From the publisher:
Renowned author Rachel Pollack has spent more than forty years studying and practicing Tarot. This insightful guide distills her vast knowledge and offers a direct, accessible approach to mastering the cards.
This book will teach you the meanings of the cards and enable you to begin doing compelling readings right away. More seasoned readers will find that this basic reference has a richness and depth that will call you back again and again to discover your own truth within the cards.
- Find new descriptions and divinatory meanings with a modern twist
- Learn not only what each card signifies, but how to discover what it means to you
- Enhance your understanding of the cards with information about numbers, elements, astrology, and Kabbalah
- Try the unique spreads inspired by each Major Arcana card
- Understand Tarot's rich history, including Eden Gray's immense influence